Driver for Corporate Work Study Program - Job Description
Thank you for considering employment at De La Salle North Catholic. We seek applicants with a passion for educational ministry, a desire to work within a team, and a zeal for working with young students in an urban setting.
De La Salle North Catholic High School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law in the administration of any of its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment.
Driver for Corporate Work Study Program
Reports To: CWSP Transportation and Logistics Manager
Classification: Hourly, Part-time
Position Purpose: Responsible for driving student workers to and from their Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) jobs.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the vans have gas and are properly maintained.
- Drive 8 to 10 students on a scheduled route throughout Portland, Beaverton, and Vancouver to and from their job assignments.
- Report any issues or incidents.
- Assist with plans for Parent/Student Orientations.
- Drive approximately 2 hours in the morning from 8:00 am to 10:00 am and approximately 2 hours in the afternoon from 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm, as needed (5 days/week, approximately 4-5 hours per day).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to pass a type 20 application through the Oregon Department of Education.
- Must be able to work independently, with limited instruction.
- Must be able to communicate verbally with others in an appropriate manner.
- Must be able to report to work on time and complete daily tasks and an online timesheet.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position: Constantly
- Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle in accordance with state regulations: Constantly
- Must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.: Occasionally
- Must be able to communicate with students/parents/other staff to convey information: Constantly
- Work in outdoor weather conditions: Frequently
To Apply: Please use this link to apply. Open acceptance of applications until position is filled. Successful completion of a background check, reference check, and driving record check as well as proof of full COVID vaccination are conditions of employment.
NOTE: Oregon Administrative Rule (OAR) 333-019-1030 remains in effect. School employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to show proof of vaccination when hired, unless eligible for a religious or medical accommodation.