Eligibility for Admissions
Welcome Future Knights!
Thank you for considering De La Salle North Catholic High School (DLSNC). DLSNC is an affordable, Lasallian Catholic high school committed to providing a rigorous academic experience to young women and men of all faiths throughout the Portland metro area with limited financial resources.
Admissions: Academic Criteria
- Desire and willingness to attend a four year college or university.
- Openness to spirituality and Lasallian core principles. While it is not a requirement for a student to be Catholic, students should be open to faith-based education and academic growth.
- Passing grades at current school level. Incoming 8th grade students must have a minimum GPA 2.0 or higher and proficient scores on the entrance exam. Transfer students must be motivated and have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher with no incomplete or failed courses. Potential transfer students, are required to be on track to graduate and beholden to our academic policies on failed courses.
- Good disciplinary and school attendance record.
Corporate Work Study Employability
- Students must be at least 14 years old by September 1 of their 9th grade year.
- Students must be legally authorized to work in the United States and provide verification of their U.S. citizenship or other forms.
- Students must commit to working five full days a month. It is mandatory for students to participate in the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP).
- Students must have up to date an COVID-19 vaccination by the first day of school.
- Financial need is the first criteria for admissions consideration at DLSNC and is decided according to the Cristo Rey Network standard: "Cristo Rey schools serve only students with limited economic resources and is open to students of various faiths and cultures."
- If your family household income is over the guidelines listed below, per household size, you are NOT eligible to attend De La Salle North Catholic High School.
- Please call the admissions office if you are not sure that your family meets these criteria.
*DLSNC identified as having a higher city median income than the national median and income numbers adjusted for 2023-2024..